Sunday, November 7, 2021

Reviewing Some Books on Mental Health

Hi! It has been ages since I have last posted here. From now, I am going to post some books that I want to recommend, including where I have often bought them.

In this first post, I am going to talk about three books from Korean Literature published by Penerbit Haru. The books are two series of “I Want to Die but I Want to Eat Tteokpokki” written by Baek Se-Hee and “Siapa yang Datang ke Pemakamanku Saat Aku Mati Nanti?” written by Kim Sang-hyun. The three books have a connected theme, so I put them together in one post.

Image Credit: Penerbit Haru via Shopee

The first two set books consist of the dialogues between a dysthymia patient and her psychiatrist. I found that the conversation is very human as both try to converse and understand each other flaws while growing together. Reading the two books have given me insight on mental health and how to understand the patient better. I am still half way to go with the second books, but the books have acted as a good friend and reflection of me so well. It helps me to comprehend my feeling and frustration that often comes with my ambivalences. Thus, reading these two books are healing my soul. Still, it is always better to talk to a psychiatrist or psychologist if the condition is more severe.

Image Credit: Penerbit Haru via Shopee


Meanwhile, the last book has more power of warming your heart. Despite the darker sense of the title, the book tells the beauty of life. It gives me a chance to look back what I have gotten so far, what I have cherished the most, and many things that I took it for granted during my life. Undeniably, life has put me in a continuous struggle that I have always asked myself: “Have I become a better version of me than the previous year?” I have kept putting myself in a standby position without loosening my will power up even for a while. As a result, I have become more worn out and kept getting anxious. Thus, the book feels like a reminder for me that it is not always wrong to take a step back and be grateful to have reached in whatever position I am right now. I feels like getting a big hug and pat in my head from my father as he said “You have done your best!” that I have already forgotten.

Since the books have given so much meaning for me after reading them, I would like to recommend it for everyone who might be in the need of such psychologically friendly book. It has no difficult terms, and the story flows naturally. At some part, it might feel a little bit preachy, but it is not bothersome. It is also a good companion for this pandemic period if you want to get away with any digital task that has worsen your eyesight and back.

Anyway, where do I bought them: Penerbit Haru via Shopee. You can use the following links to get them if you are interested 😊


#book #books #bookrecommendations #bookshopping #bukumotivasi #bukunonfiksi #bukuonline #shopee #ShopeeBigSale #shopeebook

Hi! I'm back with a reposted article from Facebook status
fatimahghaniem
7 November 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment